Stitch by Stitch is a community of creative, passionate people who trust one another and who trust us as a company. Stitch by Stitch knows that you care about your personal information and we take privacy very seriously. Please read our policy carefully before submitting any personal information to us.
Information Collected by Stitch by Stitch and How it Is Used
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide Stitch by Stitch with additional personal information if you contact us directly via messages.
Why Stitch by Stitch Needs Your Information and How We Use It
Stitch by Stitch relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. Stitch by Stitch shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. Stitch by Stitch engages certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If Stitch by Stitch sells or merges our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. Stitch by Stitch may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Keeping Information Secure
Stitch by Stitch will use reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorized access to and disclosure of your personally identifiable information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security affecting personal information or data on our servers, we will take such notification and other steps as may be required under applicable law. If you have any questions regarding security on our website, please contact us at www.stitchbystitch.ca
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Stitch by Stitch may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, Stitch by Stitch may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If Stitch by Stitch is deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Stitch by Stitch describes these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information Stitch by Stitch holds about you by contacting me using the contact information on our website.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where Stitch by Stitch is required to store data for legal reasons) Stitch by Stitch will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) Stitch by Stitch processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from Stitch by Stitch after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, Stitch by Stitch will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.